A learned man was once asked to explain the difference between Religion and Spirituality. His response was profound:
▪ Religion is not just one, there are many.
▪ Spirituality is one.
▪ Religion is for those who sleep.
▪ Spirituality is for those who are awake.
▪ Religion is for those who need someone to tell them what to do and want to be guided.
▪ Spirituality is for those who pay attention to their inner voice.
▪ Religion has a set of dogmatic rules.
▪ Spirituality invites us to reason about everything, to question everything.
▪ Religion threatens and frightens.
▪ Spirituality gives freedom and inner peace.
▪ Religion speaks of sin and guilt.
▪ Spirituality says, "learn from an error".
▪ Religion represses everything which it deems false.
▪ Spirituality transcends everything, it brings you closer to your truth!
▪ Religion speaks of a God; It is not God.
▪ Spirituality is everything and therefore, it is in "God" - ENERGY.
▪ Religion invents.
▪ Religion does not tolerate any question.
▪Spirituality questions everything.
▪ Religion is human. It is an organization with rules made by men.
▪ Spirituality is Divine, with laws of the cosmic.
▪ Religion is the cause of divisions.
▪ Religion is looking for you to believe.
▪ Spirituality you have to look for it to know.
▪ Religion follows the concepts of a sacred book.
▪ Spirituality seeks the sacred in all books.
▪ Religion feeds on fear.
▪ Spirituality feeds on trust and knowledge.
▪ Religion lives in thought.
▪ Spirituality lives in Inner Consciousness.
▪ Religion deals with performing rituals.
▪ Spirituality has to do with the Inner Self.
▪ Religion feeds the ego.
▪ Spirituality drives to transcend beyond.
▪ Religion makes us renounce the world to follow a "God" .
▪ Spirituality makes us live in God, without renouncing our existing lives.
▪ Religion is a cult.
▪ Spirituality is inner meditation.
▪ Religion fills us with dreams of future glory in paradise.
▪ Spirituality makes us live the glory and paradise on earth.
▪ Religion lives in the past and in the future.
▪ Spirituality lives in the present.
▪ Religion creates cloisters in our memory.
▪ Spirituality liberates our Consciousness.
▪ Religion makes us believe in eternal life.
▪ Spirituality makes us aware of Eternal Life.
▪ Religion promises life after death.
▪ Spirituality is to find "God" in our interior during the current life before death. -We are not human beings, who go through a spiritual experience.
-We are spiritual beings, who go through a human experience.