1. Be committed - Through commitment, you can gain motivation to pursue success. You should make a list that includes your goal, your level of commitment to the goal and what you're willing to do to achieve that goal
2. Learn from the journey - Rather than focusing strictly on the results of your accomplishments, take notice of the small steps needed to achieve success. If you allow yourself to enjoy small victories along your journey, reaching your goal will become a new adventure each day and you will be more likely to stay on track. By doing this, you will learn new and exciting things along the way, which can help you grow as a person.
3. Have fun along the way - If the journey to achieve something becomes too tedious, it will be more challenging to succeed. Learning what you're capable of can be fun and exciting, so it's important to keep your goals light and fun to have an emotionally positive experience and keep moving forward without losing perspective.
4. Think positively - Developing a positive mindset is all about trusting yourself and your ability to succeed. It's important to replace any negative thoughts with positive ones to motivate yourself to keep trying no matter what challenges come your way.
5. Change your perspective - Sometimes along the journey, you have to change your perspective to turn a challenging situation into a better one. When you're having a bad day or week, imagine instead that it's a good day or week.
6. Be honest with yourself - If you find your goal is at a standstill, you might need to be honest with yourself about why that is. After you have come to an understanding, try to find a solution to push yourself toward success.
7. Take away distractions - Make a list of things in your life that take up your time or distract you. This could be a phone, a television show or even a person who causes you stress. Shut off your phone and put it in a different room when it's time to focus on your goal.
8. Count on yourself - You cannot count on others to achieve your goals for you. Your best friend cannot take a class for you. Your mother cannot get you a promotion. Your partner cannot lose extra weight for you. These are all things you must do on your own.
9. Keep planing - Stick to a schedule when working on your goals. Give yourself challenges according to your personal calendar, such as "I will run a seven-minute mile by the end of the month," or "I will save $5,000 by the end of the year."
10. Avoid getting burned out - It's important to focus on your goal, but do not obsess over it. Keeping your journey productive but also fun will ensure you're motivated without overworking yourself. Sitting around and thinking about your goal all the time can cause you to burn out.