Umrah means a visit to the holy house of Allah the Kaaba. Unlike Hajj, there are no time restrictions for Umrah; it can be performed any time of the year through umrah packages 2023. Hajj is a compulsion for every adult that is performed annually within the first 10 days of the Last Islamic Month of Dhul-Hijjah, every adult who is in great health both mentally and physically and rich enough to take part in the most consecrated journey as it is a painstaking journey and requires a good sum of amount too. Whereas Umrah, the lesser pilgrimage is a non-compulsory act of worship yet it is performed with full zeal and zest by millions of Muslims every year.
The first Umrah took place on the 11th month of the Islamic Calendar Dhul-Qadah. The Islamic Prophet Muhammad ﷺ and along with his Muslim companions performed the first Umrah after the Migration to Medina. It took place on the morning of the fourth day of Dhul-Qadah 7 AH (629 CE), after the Treaty of Hudaybiyyah 6 AH (628 CE).
The rituals of Umrah are fewer than Hajj and contrasting Hajj; Umrah can be performed within “A day”. The core resolution of Umrah is to clean the soul of past sins. A Muslim can perform Umrah more than once in a lifetime. Umrah is also seen as protection against poverty and the burdens of life, as a pilgrim spends his wealth and time in the way of Allah.
The two main rituals of Umrah are Tawaf and Sai and it includes Intention, Ihram and Halq & Taqsir as well. Apart from Ihram, the other three rituals are entirely performed in the Grand Mosque of Al-Haram. Pilgrims should make an intention of Umrah verbally or in the heart before putting their Ihram on.
• The foremost ritual of Umrah is Ihram and to make intention for Umrah. The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ set different stations for Ihram which are known as Miqaat stations. It is forbidden to cross the Miqaat station out of the state of Ihram if you want to perform Umrah.
• The principle ritual of Umrah is Tawaf, which means to take seven rounds around the Kaaba counter-clockwise in Mataf. Tawaf is an act of consecration that brings the pilgrim closer to Allah. Tawaf determines the unity of Muslims who pay a visit to His home from all over the world.
• Sai is another significant and integral rite of Umrah. Sai in Umrah refers to the custom of walking back and forth seven times between the two hills of Safa and Marwah, which are located next to the Kaaba inside Al-Haram.
• Halq is an act of shaving the head. Halq means to get shaved, while Taqsir means to trim. This rite applies to men only to get their heads shaved completely. Women can get their hair trimmed at a fingertip length.
• After performing all rituals pilgrims can come out of the Ihram.
Umrah in Ramadan carries great rewards and benefits. The reward of Umrah is said to be equal to Hajj if performed in the month of Ramadan. According to a report by the Saudi Press Agency, approximately 2 Million Muslims have performed Umrah, since the month of Ramadan started on April 2, 2022, from all around the world. This number shows the sanctity of Umrah. Usually, people mark their bookings for Umrah in advance, so if you have a plan to take part in the divine journey of Umrah in the coming Ramadan you can make this happen using Ramadan umrah packages, Umrah packages 2023.