In this article, we'll take a look at five of the most popular dental tourism destinations - three of them in the first world destination of Australia, and three in third-world countries, and see which ones offer quality dental care at an affordable price. We'll also explore five things you need to know before traveling to any dental tourism destination.
If you're looking for a dental tourism destination that's both affordable and first world, Mackay may be your perfect choice. While it may not be the most exotic or luxurious spot in Queensland, it's still stunning and Mackay dentists are some of the best in Australia and can provide you with quality care at a fraction of the cost of traditional dental treatments. Plus, with a population that's well-educated and happy to embrace new dental technologies, you'll be in good hands no matter what type of treatment you choose.
People report a very friendly Queensland vibe from this Mackay Dentist in their Plaza.
Dental tourism is on the rise and there are many reasons why. For one, the quality of dental care in some first world countries is very high and affordable at times. Additionally, many people are looking for new and interesting travel experiences, which can be found in visiting a foreign country to get dental care. Here are three Brisbane dentists that you should consider visiting if you're looking for a dental vacation:
1. Dr Michael Ghobrial is a Brisbane dentist in Chermside who graduated from the University of Queensland with First Class Honours and multiple awards, including the James Egerton Cary Prize for the final year research project, the George Christensen Memorial Prize for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and multiple Dean’s Commendations for outstanding achievements. Dr Ghobrial has spent many years in private practice in both Brisbane and Sydney. In 2011, he was persuaded by Dr Kelsey to return to Brisbane to join the Sure Dental team. Dr Ghobrial keeps abreast of the latest in dental technology by regularly attending post graduate courses in areas of general dentistry including aesthetic, orthodontic and reconstructive dentistry. He is an active member of the Australian Dental Association, the International Team for Implantology (ITI) and the Australian Association of Prosthodontics.
2. Alderley dentist Dr Kat Marhfour graduated from Melbourne University in 2007 with a Bachelor of Dental Science (Hons). As she says, 'In my teenage years I was bullied at school for being ‘Bugs Bunny’; with large incisors and a bucky smile; I rarely smiled. The day I completed my dental treatment was the day a sense of confidence was breathed into me and a huge, invisible weight was lifted off my shoulders…. I know there are lots of people out there like me, young and old. Helping them smile again, is what motivates me every day. Nothing makes me happier than giving back to people the confidence that their dental condition had cost them."
3. Dr Nicholas CY Lee at Smile Studio in Newstead is a male General Dentist who speaks Mandarin (as well as English). After finishing schooling at Brisbane Boys’ College, Dr Nicholas Lee started dentistry at the University of Queensland. Nicholas is a friendly and caring dentist with a great sense of humour. He enjoys making patients comfortable with a strong belief in his motto, "happy patient – happy dentist". Nicholas has had training in Brisbane with Queensland Health and with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Health Service. In 2017, he moved to the Western Downs in rural Dalby to help children and adults in need of urgent dental treatment. Dr Nicholas is now practising at Smile Studio Newstead with the goal of educating and improving the oral health in the local community.
Melbourne dentists are some of the best in the world, and they're also some of the most affordable. Patients from all over the world come to Melbourne for dental surgery, and it's not hard to see why. The city has a great range of dental services, and the staff is knowledgeable and experienced enough to provide top-quality care without breaking the bank. In fact, many Melbourne dentists offer affordable packages that include everything from implants to crowns and bridges. So whether you're looking for a high-end experience or a more affordable option, Melbourne dentists can accommodate you. A little out of town this Gisborne Dentist is more affordable than Melbourne CBD dentists.
If you're looking for a dental tourism destination with great dental care available at reasonable prices, consider Turkey. While it's always affordable, dental care in Turkey is often maligned and so while it's affordable compared to some other first world countries, the term "turkey teeth" has entered mainstream media describing how their dental veneers can be a disaster. Yes, there are plenty of affordable dental procedures and treatments available in Turkey, but there are many reasons to avoid third-world dentists and seek out afforable first-world dentists.
Thailand is a popular destination for dental tourists, with many dentists welcoming patients from all over the world. The country has a high standard of dental care, and many dentists offer discounted rates to international patients. In addition to affordable rates, Thailand also offers an abundance of dental tourism attractions, such as beautiful beaches and lush rainforest scenery. Thantakit Dental Center has one of the strongest reputations in Bangkok.
The Philippines is a popular destination for dental tourism, as the country has a large number of affordable dental care facilities. In fact, according to the World Health Oragnization (WHO), the Philippines is one of the countries with the lowest rates of tooth decay. This is partly due to the country's dietary habits, which include a high intake of fruits and vegetables. In addition, the Philippines has a well-developed healthcare system, which ensures that its citizens have access to quality dental care.
Here's a couple of quality Philippines dental tourism options:
1. DentaGem Dental Clinics: visit one of the best dental clinics in Marikina and Metro Manila. Braces for your teeth (including ceramic braces), Pediatric Dentist, general dentistry, toothache, loose tooth, orthodontics dentistry or any other dental services, they’ll give you total satisfaction with all your dental requirements, including children’s care, cosmetic needs and more at prices you can afford in Marikina, Katipunan, Cubao, Pasig, Quezon City or Metro Manila.
2. Urban Smiles Dental Clinic is one of the best and most innovative dental clinics in the Philippines. They promise to give you quality and affordable dental treatment you can’t find anywhere else. They are equipped with the latest and modern technology in the dental field to make sure that you will get a fast, easy, and worry-free treatment. They offer oral prophylaxis or cleaning, filling or pasta, root canal treatment (RCT), tooth extraction, dental implant, teeth whitening, surgery of impacted wisdom tooth or third molar, dentures, veneers, or laminates, crown, bridge, and many others.
Dental Marketing Focussing More on Dental Tourism
Dental tourism is becoming increasingly popular as people seek affordable dental services in other countries. This trend has many benefits for dentists and patients alike, as it can lead to increased tourism and business for dental clinics around the world. In some cases, dental tourism can also be more affordable than traditional dental care in the United States due to the high value of the US dollar - the exchange rates makes first world dental tourism very feasible for people in the USA and United Kingdon (UK) in particular.
Here are a few tips for dental tourism:
- Plan ahead. Make sure to research which clinics offer the best deals on dental services. Many clinics offer special rates for students and those on a budget.
- Do your research. Make sure you know what to expect before traveling to a foreign country with dental concerns. Some clinics may require an advanced medical release form or other documentation before providing treatment.
- Be flexible. If something unexpected arises while you are overseas, don't hesitate to switch to a different clinic or clinic location. Most clinics are happy to accomodate last-minute changes without penalty.
- Talk to your dentist before you leave home. Ask them if they have any recommendations for reputable dental clinics that offer great deals on dental services overseas. You may also want to check out websites like Yelp or TripAdvisor for more options.
First World Dental Tourism Will Soon Be a New Dental Trend
The dental tourism industry is booming, with more and more people looking to go overseas for dental care. In some cases, dental tourism can be very affordable, depending on where you go.
For example, in Bangkok, dental procedures can cost as little as $50 per visit. However, if you want to visit a number of different countries for dental care, the price can start to add up. For example, in Europe, dental procedures can cost upwards of $1,000 per visit.
Still, dental tourism offers incredible savings over traditional methods of obtaining dental care. For example, in the United States it can cost upwards of $2,000 per procedure to get treatment done. But that of course is US dollars - so if you look at the exchange rate, Australia definitely becomes a good option.
So if you’re looking to save money on your dental care journey, travelling to one of the many affordable dental tourism destinations may be the perfect solution.
Author: Sai Tara is a Sydney based web content writer specialising in health, food and electronics.
Show bitcoin address
Send bitcoin to this address