Banana cake is the simplest that anyone can conveniently prepare and back at home. It is one of the best healthy recipes that no one can miss at home. Above all, the cake is less costly and easy to make while giving you excellent results. The beauty of this cake is that you can customize it further for eradicating many health issues in our society. This is achieved by simply replacing ordinary sugar with pure honey. On the other hand, you can substitute the cooking oil with Elianto or sunflower oil. I hope you will join me in becoming a buddy of this precious cake.
1. Mashed ripe bananas – 200g,
2. Bicarbonate of soda – 2 tablespoonfuls,
3. Home baking flour – 500g,
4. Baking powder – 30g,
5. Salt – 5g,
6. Elianto or Sunflower cooking oil – 150ml,
7. Pure honey – 200ml,
8. Eggs – 5pcs
9. Vanilla essence – 2drops, and
10. Fresh warm milk (enough for consistency)
1. Pre-heat oven to 275⁰C. Grease and flour baking tin.
2. In a small bowl, mix mashed bananas with a bicarbonate of soda and set them aside.
3. In a medium bowl - mix flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream the mixture of mashed bananas with soda and honey until light and fluffy. Add the cooking oil while stirring continuously.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time, and then stir in vanilla essence.
5. Beat in the flour mixture alternatively with the milk.
6. Pour the content into the prepared pan and bake in a pre-heated oven for one hour or until when a toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 25 minutes or in a chiller for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist and fluffy.
8. Finally invert it on a dish, portion, and serve it accordingly.
It can be served as a snack with tea/coffee or as a dessert topped with whipped cream and strawberry fruit
Enjoy my best cake in the world