1. Try as often as possible (better every day). It's important to keep contact and take an important place in each other's daily lives.
2. At the beginning of a relationship, ask each other important questions to make sure u both expect the same from them.
3. Remember the benefits of long-distance relationships: you can spend a lot of time with friends and family, you don't t quarrel over household trifles
4. You should have common interests and you need to discuss them.
5. Don't try to control your partner.
What other advice would you give to someone in a long distance relationship?